Effective [01 January 2021]
Definitions and Interpretation
- “Personal Information” means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person and where it is applicable, identifiable, existing juristic person, including all information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”).
- “Processing” means the creation, generation, communication, storage, destruction of Personal Information as more fully defined in POPIA.
- “User” means any person who accesses and browses this Website for any purpose.
- “Website” means the website of the Company for the ClemenGold Gin at URL citrusgin.co.za or such other URL as the Company may choose from time to time.
- We guarantee our commitment to protecting your privacy and ensuring your Personal Information is used appropriately, transparently, securely, and in accordance with applicable laws.
Processing of Personal Information
- By using our Website, you consent to the Company Processing (which will include collecting and, using and disclosing) your Personal Information for the purposes stated in this Policy. If you do not agree with our Processing activities described in this Policy, please do not use the Website.
- Where you submit Personal Information (such as name, physical address, telephone number, and email address) on the Website (e.g., by completing an online form), the following principles will be applicable in the Processing of such Personal Information:
- We will only collect Personal Information for a purpose consistent with the purpose for which it is required. The specific purpose for which any information is collected will be apparent from the context in which it is requested.
- We will only process Personal Information in a manner that is adequate, relevant, and not excessive in the context of the purpose for which it is processed.
- Personal Information collected by us will only be processed for a purpose compatible with that for which it was collected unless you have agreed to an alternative purpose in writing, or we are permitted in terms of South African legislation of general application dealing primarily with the protection of Personal Information.
- We will keep records of all Personal Information collected and the specific purpose for which it was collected for a period of 1 (one) year from the date on which it was last used.
- We will destroy or delete any Personal Information that is no longer needed by us for the purpose it was initially collected, or subsequently processed.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to our third-party service providers, where necessary, and will require that our service providers take appropriate, reasonable, technical, and organisational measures to keep your Personal Information secure.
- In addition, our service providers may not use or disclose Personal Information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf.
- You agree that once your Personal Information has been de-identified (i.e., we delete any information that identifies you) such de-identified information may be shared in the following circumstances:
- to our agents, advisers, service providers, and suppliers (this may include our customer relationship management provider, search engine optimisation agency, creative, brand, digital and media agencies, and research agents;
- to monitor web traffic, including web servers serving the Website automatically to collect information about you in relation to the Website pages you visit; and
- to perform statistical analyses to measure interest in the various areas of the Website.
Collection of Information using Cookies
- The Company may use standard technology, such as cookies, to collect and store certain information about the use of the Website. This technology simply allows the Company to collect statistical information such as the number of visits, the pages viewed, the keywords used to find our site, your IP address, your browser type and language, access time, and other actions you take on the Website.
- A cookie is a small file that is placed on your hard drive, to keep a record of your interaction with the Website and facilitate user convenience, and the Company may utilise cookies to keep track of Users’ browsing habits.
- Cookies by themselves will not be used to identify users personally but may be used to compile identified statistics relating to the use of services offered on the Website or to provide the Company with feedback on the performance of the Website.
- You can accept or decline cookies, and if you do not wish cookies to be employed to customize your interaction with the Website, it is possible to alter how your browser handles cookies. Please note that, if this is done, certain services on this Website may not be available.
Accessing and Updating your Personal Information
- We will take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information accurate and complete.
- You can request access to any of your Personal Information that is held by the Company at any time and for any purpose, including to request that we correct your Personal Information if it is inaccurate or delete the Personal Information if we are no longer required to retain it by law or for a legitimate purpose.
- Requests to access your Personal Information held by the Company in accordance with this Policy can be made to Sydney Roberts at Sydney@citrii.com.
Commitment to Security
- The Company will take all appropriate, reasonable, technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Personal Information to prevent loss of, damage to, or unauthorized destruction of your Personal Information or unlawful access to or Processing of your Personal Information.
- However, by continuing to use this Website, you agree that the submission of Personal Information is at your sole risk, and you hereby release the Company from any and all liability to you for any loss or liability relating to such information in any way. The Company cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by a User as a result of unlawful access to or dissemination of any Personal Information by a third party.
Links to other websites